Yipee! Our new fence is up! Here are some pics of the old one.
And here is the new one!
And the best part is… it’s finished. Well, except for the sealing.
There were only a few casualties from the installation. I had a Henry clematis which was trampled and I don’t think I will be able to save it. My compost bin’s wire was knocked open.
Some of the compost escaped, but I just used it in the garden.
And here is your Heloise tip for the day.
Leftover bread ties to keep your compost bin together. Hey, I’m thinking those white covers will weather off those little metal ties and then they will be practically invisible. Right?
The rest of the weekend was spent amending my soil. Compost. Compost. Compost. With the new fence going up, it has been a good time to reevaluate certain areas. I have decided to move some daylillies (now) and a rosebush (in Feb.) which will allow me to have a larger area for vegetables. So, to date I have planted: watercress, arugula, and two lettuces (Lolita and Petite Rouge). All of these I planted in containers. Watercress because it likes to be kept moist, so I thought a container would be easier. Arugula because it likes to be in part shade so I can move it around. The lettuces because I had tried it before, and it worked beautifully.
I just can’t wait to get everything planted! Oh, and before I forget, my friend Marsha brought me these cute little faux stone herb markers. Aren’t they cute!
Thank you, Marsha!!!!!
2 responses to “At Last.”
Serious fence envy here. Looks gorgeous and wonderful. Congratulations.
Aww, thank you Marion. I feel very honored to have you “stop by”.